“You must keep your mindset focused on what you need to do to create your home business success.”
Next to personal branding, the topic of creating the right mindset is one of the most discussed topics in the entrepreneurial world. And I finally get why this is important. While I love my business and I am excited by the growth that is happening, there are days when I don’t feel like working, I don’t feel like making calls or when I feel like quitting when I get rejected. This is when I know that I need to dump the negative mindset and replace it with a mindset that will set me up for success. I believe that your frame of mind is very important to the growth and success of your business, and that it helps you create that tunnel vision to success.
With that said, here are my quick tips to get into the positive mindset
- Focus on positives and learn from the negative. Mindset training 101. There is no doubt that focusing on the negative experiences that occur will only serve to stunt the growth of your business. I have had clients that reject my offers, marketing and sales strategies that didn’t work as well as I had hoped, but instead of moping about what didn’t happen, I take these as learning opportunities to revise strategies and techniques, to find new and profitable ways of working my business. When strategies work or when I have clients and customers that are happy, I focus on that positive energy to propel me into working even harder.
- Be solution oriented. This builds on the first point. What is life and entrepreneurship without its fair share of challenges? The difference between successful people and others is in how they overcome these challenges. When facing a challenge, I train my mind to focus on finding a solution, rather than dwelling on the setback that the challenge may bring. Having a solutions-oriented mindset gives you the fuel to push through the challenge, overcome the negatives and build your business. Asking yourself how can I fix this already puts you on a path to a positive mindset
- Read stories of success and inspiration. This is one of my favorite activities to put me in the positive frame of mind. Reading success stories of other entrepreneurs give me hope that I too can achieve immense success in my own business. Most often these inspirational stories often contain practical advice that can be applied to my own business and it also helps to know that you are never alone in your journey.
- Have a personal mantra. In my previous blog, I talked about the importance of affirmations and how they help set the tone for positive mindset. There is a popular Proverb that says “As a person thinks in his heart (and mind), so is he.” (bracketed addition mine). I choose to think and believe that I will be successful in my business, so I am very careful about how my own thoughts and the thoughts of other people influence my actions. In this space it’s positive thinking only please!
Thoughts are powerful. If you decide to go into business thinking that you will fail or that you can’t succeed for any number of reasons, then chances are that your business probably will not last. Ask yourself these questions if you are wondering how to get into the correct frame of mind for success:
- Do my thoughts contribute positively to my business?
- Are my thoughts uplifting?
- Are my thoughts inspiring?
So, what do you do? How do you focus on a positive mindset? Let me know in the comments below
As always, if you got value from this post, feel free to share with your team! If you have any questions, you can reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wishing you lots of success