“It’s almost impossible to grow a network marketing business without growing yourself”
I came across this sentence while reading Mary Christensen’s most recent book, and I have to say that this sentence is absolutely, 100 percent true. In the time that I’ve started my business, I can truly say that I have surprised myself. As I mentioned in a previous post, I ran away from entrepreneurship and I would not have been caught dead joining a network marketing company. But today, I can proudly announce that I am an entrepreneur in a network marketing company. Here are 5 ways in which my business has changed me:
- I’ve developed skills I didn’t know I had. If you asked me a year ago if I considered myself to be good at sales or marketing, I would have laughed in your face. And I would have never thought that I would have the opportunity to lead and mentor a wonderful group of people through their own network marketing journey. I also never thought that I would be able to connect and build relationships with complete strangers. But in building my business and customer base, I have learnt and continue to learn ways to work though this challenge.
- Given me a sense grit and determination. It takes some serious stones to be an entrepreneur. Countless of top earners and top coaches all say that it does take focus, determination and grit to engage in ventures and ideas that most people frown upon. When I started my business I had no customers, I did not start with my warm market and I certainly had my fair share of disappointments and failures, but I was determined to push though and accomplish the goals that I had set in spite of these challenges.
- A renewed focus on my future. I’ve seen the insane earning potential in network marketing and the impact that it can have on the quality of life I can provide for my family. Not only that, but this business has opened the door for me to explore other avenues such as blogging, coaching and mentoring, and it has given me a new vision where I’m able to positively impact other people in this industry.
- Fueled my love of learning. I’ve always loved learning especially during my academic years. But since I’ve entered the direct selling industry, there is never a day that goes by where I’m not devouring some form of content from within the industry. It is amazing to see the wealth of knowledge so freely and willingly shared within the profession. I’ve realized that in order to grow in this field I have to invest time and money in education. Even if it means paying for a course or materials, or taking the time to listen to a webinar, I do with joy knowing that the outcome could only propel me to something better.
- The discipline I didn’t know I had. I’ve always considered myself to be fairly disciplined. Of course I have my lazy days. But I now know that in this business, if you want to see momentum, you have to be disciplined at conducting all your money making activities. Before I started, I did not anticipate the level of work and commitment needed. I did not think of network marketing in the same light as a traditional business, therefore I did not expect to be as discipline and as focused. However, I know that in order to succeed, I need to maintain my discipline and focus…and you know what? I love it
How has your business changed you? Let me know in the comments below.
Wishing you lots of success,
P.S. Feel free to share if you got value from this post and don’t forget to subscribe
P.P.S. If you would like to make a bigger impact in your business, and would like someone to hold you accountable so that you can bring in the results you want, then send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org